Manager, Portfolio Team
A key member of the Portfolio Team, the Manager will oversee New Profitís due diligence activities, work with New Profit Partners (senior team members) to support strategic initiatives inside of portfolio organizations, and support New Profit Partners in the creation of frameworks and tools to codify knowledge and best practices. The Manager, Portfolio Team will assist with the improvement and evolution of the tools and processes that make up New Profitís portfolio management system. As part of the New Profit team, this position plays an important role in supporting fundraising, network management, and enterprise management goals and objectives. The Manager reports to a New Profit Partner and may be asked to manage one, or possibly two, Analysts on the portfolio team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Portfolio Investment Selection: Manage Analysts and work with Partners to develop a strong, robust pipeline of potential portfolio organizations; oversee due diligence activities to assess the attractiveness of candidate organizations as new portfolio investments and ensure a consistent, high-quality due diligence process.
- Portfolio Support: Work with New Profit Partners to develop a concrete plan for addressing specific challenges faced by portfolio organizations and execute against this plan; respond to and support portfolio organizations as new opportunities and challenges arise; facilitate the portfolio organizationís ability to access all New Profit resources, including best practices, research, and networks for recruiting and fundraising.
- Evaluation and Assessment: Contribute to the ongoing improvement of New Profitís portfolio management services and system; capture best practices and lessons learned in portfolio work; contribute to the development of new frameworks and tools to codify New Profitís knowledge and practices.
- Organizational Leadership: Work collaboratively with the New Profit team to ensure continued growth and improvement within the organization through strategic planning, fund development, and operational effectiveness.
Candidate Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Bachelorís degree required; advanced degree in business strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience; experience in the nonprofit sector, management consulting, and/or venture capital preferred
- Strong analytical skills in order to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop solutions, and apply learnings to the larger context
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to social change, and New Profitís mission and vision
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in an entrepreneurial environment
- Collaborative team player who is willing to go above and beyond their job description for the success of New Profit and its portfolio organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to represent New Profit and portfolio organizations in a professional, engaging, and dynamic manner
- Relentless customer orientation, with the ability to consistently support New Profitís mission and philosophy
Please see attached pdf for detailed information on how to apply.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.